This is one of those recipes I will only make if there is a large adult gathering, holidays, birthday parties, etc. It’s not a calorie friendly cake but is absolutely delicious. It’s moist due to the sour cream and the pecans give it added crunch. Adults like this better than frosting cakes. It’s an easy coffee cake recipe, that bakes for an hour. This in my opinion is best served warm, with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea. Enjoy.
Grease and flour a bundt pan really well. Pour about half the batter into a bundt pan. (I forgot to take a photo of this step)
Bake in the oven 1 hour.
Let cool before removing from the bundt pan and place on another dish that can be covered. Cut slices to and enjoy the warm moist coffee cake. This serves 12 but you can cut smaller pieces for lower calories and to be nicer to your hips and thighs.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter.
- Add the sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Fold in the sour cream and pure vanilla.
- In another bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix into the butter mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Grease and flour the bundt pan really well.
- Pour about half the batter into a bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half the pecan topping mixture.
- Spoon in the remaining batter.
- Top with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake in the oven 1 hour.