**This post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on a link below**
I know cold summer salads are a favorite this time of year, and everyone makes them different. Some add cucumbers, carrots, and other veg. The problem I’ve had over the years is taste. Some are watery, some have a yucky flavor, or have no flavor at all. Don’t ever stick store bought salads in front of me, I’ll shoo it away. My macaroni salad is one that is asked at every picnic or barbecue we go to. It is not at all healthy but delicious. Many say how do you make macaroni salad, so I jabber off the ingredients, but it’s simple. This is one all the kids eat, if they like tuna, however leave it out if your family doesn’t like canned tuna. This salad will come out of the fridge ready to eat, without adding any additional mayonnaise. I think using mayo and Miracle Whip together is what makes this one of the best cold tuna macaroni salad recipes, in my opinion. You’re welcome to add any veg you like but I keep it simple, for the kids.
Boil eggs and place in ice water once hardboiled to cool(this also makes peeling them a cinch.) Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain, and cool. In a large bowl combine macaroni, mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, mustard, onion, tuna fish, seven eggs(diced or sliced), salt and pepper.
Mix well and transfer to a prettier serving dish. Slice remaining eggs and place on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate 2-4 hours or overnight.
Pro Tip: Since we see with our eyes first, how about serving up the salad in a really cool new bowl, serving platter or on a Summer themed plate?
|Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad||
- 3 cups elbow macaroni(measure 3 cups uncooked)
- 10 eggs-hard boiled
- 1 1/4 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow prepared mustard
- 2 cans light tuna in water-drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Measure 3 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions, drain and cool.
- Place eggs in a pot of water and boil until hard boiled. I allow mine to come to a full boil, turn the heat off, and let sit about 12 minutes. Once hard boiled place in ice water. Peel once cooled and rinse.
- In a large bowl combine, macaroni, mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, Mustard, Tuna, Onion, seven eggs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to another serving dish. Slice the three remaining eggs and place evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours or overnight.