Vacations are something we do not do often, and something I wish we could. It seems like every time we want to plan one something comes up; a vehicle needs repaired, kids sick, not enough money, etc. I would do almost anything to have a week away, without having to worry about everyday household chores. And according to a Wyndham Rewards survey 77% of Americans would fly non-stop for 47 hours in a middle seat for a free vacation or would do something crazy in exchange for a free summer vacation, including watching C-SPAN for eight straight hours (39 percent) and giving up air conditioning all summer (31 percent). I could give up air conditioning in a minute for a free vacation! How about you?
Fortunately, Wyndham Rewards has launched their summer contest giving travelers the chance to win the grand prize of enough Wyndham Rewards points for a seven-night getaway at one of over 7,000 hotels and resorts, a $7,000 Visa Gift Card for spending money and a seven-night Alamo car rental certificate. Here is how to enter this contest which goes on until June 16, 2011.
Contenders for the grand prize have 3 ways to enter the contest;
- Enter online at www.wyndhamrewards.com/deserve
- Email via mobile to email@example.com
- Via Facebook at www.facebook.com/wyndhamrewards
A panel of seven travel journalists will narrow down the field of responses to seven entries and the public will be the final decision maker about who most deserves the Wyndham Rewards vacation. Public voting takes place June 23 – 29 at www.wyndhamrewards.com/deserve.
- Combine business trips with vacations: Plan ahead of time and coordinate travel in tandem with a spouse’s business trip. You’ll pay for one less airfare, and you’ll save money on hotel accommodations
- Be on the lookout for travel contests: These days almost every travel provided offers consumer contests, be on the look out for ones with rich rewards. A great example right now is the Wyndham Rewards summer vacation contest
- Buy on Tuesdays: Most airlines begin sales on Monday evenings, and by the next day other airlines have usually matched the lowered fares on the same routes
- Sign up for loyalty programs: In addition to providing you with free stays or flights down the line, you are in the know of special promotions and offers that can off set the costs of vacations
Are you heading on a family vacation this summer?