You may remember my excitement last month when I announced I was a #whirlpoolmoms blogger and received a brand new Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer and I would get the pleasure of sharing all the excitement with you. If not be sure to check out my post about the Whirlpool Duet Washer and all the amazing features this offers. I have been using the appliances for over a month now and I still am in awe. They are truly amazing not to mention energy efficient. Both the washer and dryer are Energy Star qualified and they should be as they are the industry’s most energy efficient washer and dryer. So you are probably wondering why? Well there are several features that reduce energy including…
EcoBoost: This is a feature I can select to reduce wash temperatures from what is normal. I love this because I wash using cold water(most of the time.) The washer will automatically adjust the time of the wash to maintain the cleaning performance still using less hot water and saving us money. On the dryer when this is selected drying time does increase, however by me choosing the EcoBoost when I dry clothes I am saving more energy as it uses lower temperatures.
The dryer works with the washer: Oh yes it does and I love this. This actually works and is more efficient by using faster spin speeds in the washer and sensors in the dryer. You will notice as you stand there like a kid in a candy store, the speed of this washer when it spins, it is mega fast! And those dryer sensors work by determining when clothes are dry and shuts off when they are dry. Pretty nifty if you ask me.
Choose your load size: While many may not think about this I love that I can choose extra small, small, medium or large loads. I could do this on my old washer but not my dryer. This dryer also has a large capacity drum(7.4 cu Ft) allowing me to dry more clothes at once.
Less water per load: The Whirlpool Duet Washer uses as little as 11.5 gallons of water per load! But wait this exceeds minimum federal standard by more than a whopping 160%!!!
So I am saving money by doing my least favorite chore, which has actually become kind of fun now. I only do laundry every other day now instead of daily. But I do one small or medium load of colors and a load of whites that.is.it! Sundays I do linens and pillows(since these have a cool decorative throw pillow and feather pillow feature.) Not to mention the precision dispense which adds the detergent for me once I add it to the cartridge. Users can actually save $3,300 in lifetime energy costs and for EVERY household that uses the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer, 12,857 gallons of water could be saved yearly. How is that for energy efficient? So I am loving my new pair, all the features and they definitely are energy saving.
So I need to get off here and learn more about this fantastic pair as I am still learning many things. They are fabulous. And while I’m doing laundry here are five laundry tips which Whirlpool has provided me with to help you do laundry a little easier.
- As your laundry accumulates, pre-sort it into designated baskets for lights, darks and whites. This way, a load will be ready to throw in the washer whenever you have a minute to spare.
- While sorting, don’t forget to close zippers, clasp hooks and check pockets to prevent snags and avoid washing tissues, money, lipstick, etc.
- Streamline the laundry process by incorporating storage solutions and flat working surfaces into your laundry room. This will keep laundry where it belongs and eliminate the need to treat, sort and fold in other rooms of the house.
- Wash small loads as needed between laundry days. Today’s high efficiency washing machines use substantially less water and energy than a conventional top-loading washer. Which means you can do small loads when you have time, rather than waiting for the basket to fill up.
- Don’t overload the washer or dryer. Clothes come out cleaner and less wrinkled when given room to move freely.
Disclosure: “I wrote this review while participating in a test-drive campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool and received a complimentary Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer to facilitate my review.”