Some of you may know but I recently told everyone I had borderline high cholesterol. Not something I wanted to hear. With that being said and with mouth surgery I recently had, I have decided healthy living is what I want from here on out.
I just downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, which has been going awesome! I’m exercising regularly and counting calories. I am back to eating healthy which is nothing new for me, but somewhere along the way, I quit.
My days have consisted of power oatmeal(recipe soon), Luna Bars, Kashi Cereal, healthy omelets, salads, healthy soups and sandwiches and much more such as this healthy homemade pizza for one!
I love salads and pizza and figured I could throw it all together to make a healthy pizza for one. This spinach and arugula pizza is wonderful, healthy and low in cholesterol not to mention so simple to make. Pair this with 4 ounces of plain Greek yogurt (Fage Total 0% is wonderful) and water, and you have a nutritious lunch or dinner for under 400 calories! Enjoy.
- 1 100% whole wheat tortilla (taco size 100-120 calories)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ragu Homestyle Pizza Sauce
- ¼ cup low moisture park skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach and arugula blend
- 1 tablespoon Ken’s Light Options Italian with Romano and Red Pepper
- black pepper to taste
- Heat saute pan over medium heat
- Brush oil on both sides of tortilla
- Place tortilla in pan and brown on both sides (about 2 minutes each side.) Tip: Poke bubbles that may form with a toothpick
- Remove tortilla from pan and reduce heat to low
- Spread pizza sauce on one side of tortilla and evenly top with mozzarella.
- Place back in pan and cover-just until cheese is melted
- Remove from pan to plate. Top with spinach/argula, Ken’s dressing and black pepper.