My kids are so excited that Halloween is here very soon. We are all ready with our Halloween costumes, decorations and preparing a few fun Halloween foods. I created these fun Frakenweenie Salty bones, but forgot to take photos, so enjoy Crystal’s recipe, it is the same. Plus we make these fun Ghost cookies ever since I found the recipe. However, today I created Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies Mummy Dogs which were so easy!
Zoe was intrigued by these and wanted to help wrap the crescent rolls around so although not perfect, they are a great food that the kids can help with after showing them what to do. We altered the recipe a bit to make them lower in fat and calories by using Hillshire Farm Turkey Lit’l Smokies. These contain 60% less fat than their regular smokies however the flavor is delicious; I was impressed. Nobody in my family knew they were the turkey variety. I also used reduced fat crescent rolls.
The Hillshire Farm Lit’l Mummy Dogs make a perfect and easy Halloween appetizer without guilt. Enjoy 2 for only 70 calories! Enjoy!
- 32 Hillshire Farm®Turkey Lit’l Smokies®
- 1 can (8 ounces) reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mustard or Ketchup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips with a knife or pizza cutter, making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each sausage stretching dough slightly to look like bandages. Leave tip of sausage exposed to create face. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Draw features with mustard on tip of sausage to create face. Serve with mustard and ketchup, if desired
Disclosure:Hillshire Farm sent coupons so we could try this recipe