New year, new goals. That is my motto this year, with never having made any type of “resolution” in the past. On January 2, I decided this was MY year to get healthy and stay healthy. Although I’m not overweight, I have gotten into a routine of eating a lot of junk and drinking too much soda, especially in the evenings since my husband has been home from back surgery. He would get a snack, so I would, I started to see the pounds accumulate. When I went for my flu shot a few weeks back and stepped on the scale my heart sank. I had gained almost 20 lbs from my happy weight. I knew I needed a change which included more vegetables, fruits, lean protein, water and of course exercise. My journey began and I’m happy to report I lost 7.4 lbs in week 1! This is my year!
Check Out Dunkin’ Donuts DDSMART® Menu
I love that businesses are helping us achieve our goals such as Dunkin’ Donuts. We all love Dunkin’ for their tasty baked goods and coffee, but I’m ecstatic to learn more about their DDSMART® menu, a menu I never would have glanced at before my journey. The DDSMART® menu offers delicious offerings for those, like me, who are leading a healthier lifestyle. The better-for-you-menu provides options with most under 300 calories, plus all Dunkin’ Donuts’ DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, fat, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare, and/or contain ingredients or nutrients that are nutritionally beneficial. So if you’re in a time crunch, zipping through the drive-thru to pick up any of these would be a smart choice.
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda®.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened hot teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened small and medium Iced Teas have five calories.
New Under 400 Calorie Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
Plus for a limited time, at participating locations, you can check out their new, under 400 calorie, turkey sausage breakfast sandwich. The sandwich consists of a pepper fried egg, turkey sausage patty and a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin. With my husband and I heading to Buffalo (almost 1.5 hours away) several times a month and having to be there early, stopping for a quick bite is required. Next time we head out I’ll definitely pick this sandwich up. I’m interested in the flavor plus it is a healthier option for me and my new lifestyle.
Don’t forget about Dunkin’ Donuts new Dunkin’ Mobile app for iPhone® and Android™ allowing you to pay conveniently, gift, find nutrition information, stores, offers and more.
For more information on the new sandwich and to find a location visit www.dunkindonuts.com
Disclosure: Information, reader giveaway and gift card provided by Dunkin’ Donuts, all opinions 100% my own