Transforming my life to live healthier is the best choice I ever made. Losing 32 lbs has made me feel exceptional, have more energy and to know I did this all alone leaves me feeling blessed. I made a huge accomplishment! Exercising daily and changing my diet was a huge step for me. Removing processed foods and soda, plus consuming more fruits and vegetables was never thought of before January 2, 2013. Now it is my LIFE…a LIFE I welcome.
Now, I’m taking action in trying to remove GMOs and purchase organic when possible. It is difficult to buy organic especially when our family is on a budget as prices are steep however I do not want to consume chemicals and organic food honestly tastes much better, especially meats. When you look at your health, those costly prices are nothing.
Suzy Sirloin is a brand I’m familiar with. We checked out their all-natural beef line which made the best meatloaf ever! Suzy Sirloin recently sent us their new organic ground beef (Complimentary products received). I knew without a doubt I would enjoy this as it is pasture raised beef right here in my home state of New York!
This organic ground beef is 90% lean with the cattle never receiving antibiotics or growth-promoting hormones. The cattle is only fed certified organic grass and grains making this ground beef USDA organic. I’m still learning a lot about organic and grass-fed terminology but I rather know that my food is lower in fat and calories and the livestock that I’m enjoying wasn’t given hormones to grow.
I decided to make two meals our family likes with the beef and could tell a huge difference when preparing. Less fat on my hands, less grease when cooking and overall better flavor. It was raining like crazy when these arrived so I decided on making my healthy patty melt recipe. This is a favorite alternative to a hamburger when the weather doesn’t permit us to grill outdoors. They are delicious!
I also made my simple meatballs for a quick spaghetti dinner. When preparing and rolling the meatballs, you could feel the difference in quality. There was very little fat when I rolled them into ball shape and when I baked them, the baking tray had limited grease. This to me affirms what I already knew about Suzy Sirloin, this organic ground beef is a superior beef.
If you haven’t tried organic ground beef yet I highly recommend it. “Pink slime” and mad cow is very alarming. Buying organic beef ensures animals were raised in a healthier environment with less chemicals and eat quality nutrients. Plus when you buy from local farms, you are supporting your local farmers. I buy local NY products whenever possible. I spend much time at our Local Farmers Market and look for our Pride of New York logo on products.
I hope to see Suzy Sirloin in our stores here in Western NY at some point, however you can buy Suzy Sirloin American raised quality beef, lamb, veal and pork online at www.suzysirloin.com
With Memorial Day here in just a few days, 4th of July soon and many other summer cookouts you may be attending, Suzy Sirloin has a delicious organic beef slider recipe perfect for grilling season.
Organic Ground Beef Sliders Recipe
One pound Suzy Sirloin Organic Beef
A full Avocado, sliced
A full Tomato, sliced
A full Red Onion, sliced
Low-fat Thousand Island dressing
Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese
Whole Wheat slider buns
Season Suzy Sirloin organic beef with salt and pepper and separate into small beef patties, approximately 2 – 4 inches in diameter. Grill to taste. Assemble onto slider bun with onion slice, tomato slice, avocado slice, sprouts and top with Thousand Island and enjoy!
About Suzy Sirloin:
The ‘Suzy’ behind Suzy Sirloin is a fifth generation member of the Strassburger family, who has been delivering top quality prime and aged beef to the best steakhouses in the country. All Suzy Sirloin products meet or exceed the highest USDA and nutritional standards and are American raised
- 1 lb Suzy Sirloin organic ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion-thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon+2 teaspoon olive oil-divided
- 8 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 4 ounces 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl place beef, salt, onion powder and pepper. Mix just til combined.
- Shape mixture into four oval patties (4 ounces each)
- In a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion and cook until onions are golden brown about 5 minutes, stir frequently.
- Remove onions from pan to a bowl.
- In same pan, add patties, cook about 3 minutes per side.
- Place patty on slice of bread, top with onion and 1 ounce cheese.
- In a bowl, mix ketchup, mayo and mustard.
- Place ½ teaspoon ketchup mixture on the other slice of bread. Place ketchup side down on patty.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet or griddle.
- Place sandwiches on and cook until golden brown.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
Disclosure: Suzy Sirloin sent complimentary Organic ground beef for review purposes, all opinions 100% my own.
Latest posts by Nichol (see all)
- Deal Power Wheels Dora The Explorer Lil’ Quad $69 (Reg $95) - December 8, 2013
- In Stock & On Sale Fisher-Price Imaginext Mega T-Rex $24.99 (REG $44.99) - December 8, 2013
- 50% off Deal Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Sale $7.49 (REG $14.99) - December 8, 2013