Blueberries and I are a match made in heaven. I honestly do not think a day goes by where I don’t consume them. I add them to smoothies, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, water and eat them by handfuls. I’m pretty sure they are a need. If I don’t have them fresh, I have them frozen.
Currently, our local farmers have incredibly plump blueberries so I’ve been hitting them up every other day.
Blueberries are full of antioxidants, benefitting our health in numerous ways and has been said to aid in weight-loss.
Since, I’m blueberry obsessed, I knew I had to create a recipe that would act as a dessert and what better way than with a healthy blueberry crisp; a clean protein blueberry crisp! This is a huge change from my cherry blueberry crisp.
Low in fat, high in protein, with no added sugars or other “junk”, this crisp is high in potassium, vitamin C, fiber and absolutely delicious.
This recipe will serve 1, if you are generous you can share with a friend, but I wouldn’t be that kind.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- juice from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl add protein powder, oats, almonds, cinnamon and ginger. Mix well with a fork.
- Add in lemon juice.
- Mix again til slightly crumbly.
- Add fresh blueberries to a small baking dish. I used a mini 3×5 loaf pan
- Top with oat mixture
- Bake 15 minutes. Broil 1-2 minutes on 400° or until top is golden brown. (Do not walk away while broiling to brown, as it browns quick.)
Latest posts by Nichol (see all)
- Remanufactured Printer Ink Cartridges from Castle Ink Review - December 11, 2013
- DEAL Sofia the First Royal Prep Talking School Desk $39.97 - December 11, 2013
- Deal Hot Wheels Monster Jam Boneyard Bash Play Set $10 - December 11, 2013