Drinking smoothies are a wonderful way to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. I am a smoothie addict as they are a simple way to get back nutrients after a tough cardio workout or before since I do not like eating huge meals after. Your body needs nutrients and many people do not enjoy many fruits and vegetables which is why making a healthy smoothie is ideal.
Going green is the “in” thing right now therefore I’ve been on the green smoothie craze for quite some time now. I make them often as I’m not a fan of avocado’s but want to incorporate them into my diet as they are full of heart healthy fats, fiber and a slew of other benefits.
This green smoothie recipe is full of dietary fiber. Many do not get the recommended dietary fiber intake that ranges anywhere from 21g-38g per day. Eating fiber rich foods such as whole grains, nuts & seeds, fresh fruit and vegetables is how you are going to get this. This smoothie has over half your daily recommendations of fiber and is also filled with Vitamin A & C. Takes seconds to make, is creamy and offers just the right amount of sweetness from the fruit. No added sugars or sweeteners are needed!
Go ahead and drink your fruits and vegetables!
Do you make green smoothies?
- 1 anjou pear with skin
- 1 kiwi fruit
- ½ hass avocado
- Big handful of raw baby spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup ice
- Add all to blender and blend to desired consistency. I used the Vitamix 5200 to blend my recipe! Pour in a tall glass and enjoy.
Latest posts by Nichol (see all)
- Inspire Me To…Design & Personalize a Children’s Book Starring YOUR Child (Review) - December 4, 2013
- 30% off + FREE shipping on Award-Winning Children’s Books - December 4, 2013
- In Stock Barbie Collector 2013 Holiday Barbie Doll $35.99 Shipped FREE - December 4, 2013