I received a free Swerve goody bag for applying to be a Swerve Ambassador, though was not required to write a post. All opinions 100% my own.
I am doing everything I can to remove junk from my diet. I just don’t want it, none of it. It isn’t beneficial for my health, my body or my well-being, so I’ve made the choice to eliminate it. Early this year I vowed to live a healthier lifestyle by removing processed foods, soda, begin to exercise and drink water. I’ve done extremely well.
I was pleased to learn about Swerve Sweetener , the zero calorie sugar substitute that tastes just like sugar! Swerve is also perfect for those with diabetes as it doesn’t affect blood sugar glucose or insulin levels.
Swerve is a natural sweetener, ideal for me or anyone looking to live a sugar free lifestyle. It is so simple to use, as it measures cup for cup (yay for no conversion charts) and does not have a harsh aftertaste. I went to baking right away and knew I wanted to recreate a pumpkin recipe. Not necessarily pumpkin pie, but a cake that tasted just like pumpkin pie, and I succeeded!
This healthy pumpkin pie cake has an extremely moist pumpkin pie like middle. I made a frosting as well, but this is amazing without it. The frosting makes this treat even more luscious, perfect to serve to those on Thanksgiving that are living a healthier lifestyle as well. I was pleased with how well Swerve blended while making this recipe. I can definitely tell this will be my new sugar substitute! I have made the Switch 2 Swerve! Click here to learn more about Swerve Sweetener.
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 cup Swerve sweetener- granular
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder ( I use Non-GMO CleanSeries)
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl stir together oat flour, Swerve, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt
- Stir in pumpkin, applesauce, yogurt and eggs. Mix until combined
- Lightly spray a 10×13 baking pan and spread mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack until completely cool
- half cup plain Greek yogurt
- scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- tablespoon milk
- tablespoon Swerve Confectioners
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- Add all to a small bowl and mix with hand mixer.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes then spread on cooled cake.
Must be stored in refrigerator once frosted.