There are times I feel blah, so a drink to boost my immune system is necessary. I rarely get sick and that’s the way I’d like to keep it. As soon as I feel a head cold, sniffles or dry throat coming on, I know I need a Vitamin C boost. Though, I eat tons of fruits and vegetables throughout the day, there are times I need a huge Vitamin C boost, which is when I make this tropical grapefruit drink.
If you’re not a grapefruit lover, you won’t appreciate this beverage as the grapefruit flavor is dominant. The addition of citrus, pineapple and strawberries balance it, but the tartness from grapefruit is there, not overpowering but you know this is made with grapefruit.
This will give you a blast of Vitamin C, to hopefully make you feel better then you were. This is a breakfast for me, low in fat, high in potassium, high in protein and high in Vitamins. This refreshing drink is made weekly in my home!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 red grapefruit
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple-diced
- 5 whole strawberries
- 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AH7OU8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009AH7OU8&linkCode=as2&tag=thekiddiescornerdeals-20″ target=”_blank”]chia seeds[/url]
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups ice
- (Optional) you may sweeten with 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice such as honey or no calorie sweetener such as [url href=”http://www.swervesweetener.com/144.html” target=”_blank”]Swerve[/url]
- Add all ingredients in order listed to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.