When I first signed up to Instagram, I started to see recipes for zeggs, zucchini eggs. Zeggs are the consistency to oatmeal but is the perfect grain-free breakfast as you do not use oats. I couldn’t find any recipe for them so decided to wing it. What is nice is you can add any flavors, spices or toppings that you like to your zeggs. For this one I added a sliced banana, pecans and cinnamon, it’s like a healthy zucchini bread in a bowl, for breakfast, without added junk.
They are absolutely delicious, and because zucchini is low carb, if you decide not to add the banana, this turns out to be a very low carb low sugar breakfast! Oh and no fat if you don’t add nuts. I add banana for my carb intake and the pecans for my healthy fats, which I highly suggest for a full meal:)
This is a gluten-free breakfast meal! Let me know if you make them!
- Basic Zeggs Recipe
2 cups shredded zucchini (Drained, once shredded let sit in colander for about 30 minutes.)
- 4 egg whites or ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon no calorie sweetener; I use Swerve Sweetener)
- In a microwave safe bowl add zucchini, cinnamon and no calorie sweetener.
- Mix so cinnamon distributes all over zucchini.
- Add egg whites and lightly whisk (YOU DO NOT WANT FOAMY ZEGGS)
- Microwave 1½ minutes, stir and microwave another 30 seconds-1 minutes.
- Place in another bowl and top with nuts, fruits and more cinnamon.