Mother’s Day is just another day to me. I know my children honor me the entire year as I’m the one who plays with them, fixes their booboos, listens to them when they need an ear, cooks for them, washes their clothing and bedding, buys them things, makes their lunches, helps with school work, reads, kisses, hugs and loves them and so much more. I’m not one for gifts, never have been. My childhood wasn’t the greatest, so I never expected anything, not even at birthdays or holidays. As long as I was with my family and we were getting along, I was happy, sadly that wasn’t often.
Since becoming a mom, that’s how I am. As long as my children are happy, I’m happy. I don’t ask for anything. Smiles and love make me happy! The best gifts I received for Mother’s Day, was becoming a mom to two beautiful children. Two little people that depend on me, absolutely the best and most terrifying gift ever.
So this Mother’s Day, I ask for nothing and look forward to the same gifts I receive every single year.
- To sleep in – much needed because well I never sleep in and when I do it’s like 8AM. But keep in mind, I’m a night owl, so that really isn’t sleeping in.
- Hugs and kisses from my husband and children
- Breakfast, cooked and served from my amazing husband
- To be lazy. I’m not allowed to do anything on Mother’s Day. Relaxation is also much needed because my husband works 3rd shift right now (June 2nd can’t come soon enough).
- Dinner of my choice made by my husband. This year my choice of dinner is a pot roast with potatoes, carrots and a side salad.
- Homemade Mother’s Day cards from my sweet children
- Sappy, make me cry card from my husband
- Stargazer lilies from my husband
- A bath with wine
- One surprise gift. I know I don’t ask for gifts, but my husband always gets me something from the kids. This year I have a feeling it may be my Fitbit!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there!
What do you want for Mother’s Day?