Twice a week I enjoy a grain-free day. I could never fully go grain-free because I like way too many things that are grains, but on my two days of being grain-free I feel fabulous.
People think that going grain-free is difficult but you just have to find substitutions for your favorites. For instance instead of rice, choose quinoa. Choose almond flour instead of wheat or regular flour. Thicken gravies with arrowroot, not flour or cornstarch. Love pancakes? Make them homemade with flax, coconut flour, pumpkin and spices. Recipe coming soon!
Breakfast seems to be the easiest for me because I fill up on healthy carbs such as fruits & vegetables and protein. My go-to breakfast is this 5 Egg White Veggie Omelet Recipe & Fresh Cinnamon Fruit Bowl. It takes 5 minutes and is full of healthy ingredients to make you feel good. This is also gluten-free and Paleo friendly!Tip: At the beginning of the week, chop up your vegetables; onions, peppers etc. to save time when preparing hot meals.
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper-diced
- handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon sweet onion-diced
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil for skillet
- 1/2 medium banana-sliced
- 1/2 peach-diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Add egg whites to a bowl and mix with fork.
- Spray skillet with olive oil and reduce heat to low.
- Add egg whites, once set flip.
- Add green peppers, onion and spinach and fold in half.
- Cover skillet with lid to wilt spinach.
- Place all fruit in a bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, and toss.
- Add fresh ground black pepper to omelet.