Warmer weather is creeping up on us….And I know that means easy recipes, picnics to share food, and sandwiches!
My favorite sandwich ever is an Egg Salad Sandwich. I actually stopped going to a local (but national chain) sandwich shop because they stopped serving egg salad!
This is another one of my Mom’s recipes from her recipe collection and I am happy to share it with all of you!
You can serve the Egg Salad Sandwich with any kind of bread (we love croissants!) or even as a side dish at a bbq, but just remember, to make more if you are going to bring this to any bbq!
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (as I was chopping this, I thought…I wonder if they use dill to make dill pickles?! I must find out!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Radish, lettuce to garnish sandwich
- Black pepper to taste
Add the red onion, dill, lemon juice, mayo, mustard and salt into a large bowl. Mix until blended.
When adding the eggs, you can either chop them up first or use your hand to break them up and add them to the contents of the bowl. Once the eggs are added to the bowl , simply stir until mixed well.
Add to your choice of bread, add some sliced radishes and lettuce to your sandwich and serve.