Back to School essentials… what comes to mind when you hear those words? Notebooks and binders? New clothes? New shoes? Tissues? Crayons? Glue? yes, they are all important, but what about two things that get carried usually each and every day. The two things that have to endure being shoved into lockers, kicked by feet on the bus, thrown on a kitchen chair when they walk in the door? Those two things are Backpacks and Lunch Boxes. How many have you had to replace throughout the school year? I know we have replaced them multiple times. I’m just saying it’s amazing how trashed stuff gets during the bus ride home! Thank you to Burton for sponsoring this post on what to look for when buying these top Back to School Essentials!
What do you look for in backpacks or lunch boxes when choosing which ones to purchase? The price? The design/theme? The quality? As a parent, I always try to make the best decision on which items to purchase. But sometimes that doesn’t happen. We’ve all been there. We thought a particular item would work only to find out we were wrong; it happens.
To help make your shopping purchase a little easier, here are the 5 Things to Look for When Buying The Most Important Back to School Essentials!
- Invest in quality made products that have Lifetime Warranties!
- Make sure the backpacks fit and are adjustable
- Make sure they are practical yet have colorful and fun prints
- Make sure they are school approved (i.e. no wheeled backpacks)
- Make sure the backpacks are comfortable and have ergonomic shoulder straps
These backpacks by Burton actually contain all of the top 5 tips! They have a lifetime warranty, are adjustable, are colorful, are school approved AND have ergonomic shoulder straps!
Let’s talk about the top 5 reasons for a moment.
- Why should I invest in quality made products that have Lifetime Warranties? Because it’s worth it. Yes, there are definitely products out there whose price points are cheaper, however, think about the extended cost if you have to buy them multiple times. Wouldn’t it be better to buy a product that is made with quality and offers a lifetime warranty?
- Why does it matter if the backpacks fit and are adjustable? Because just like all of us aren’t built the same, neither are our kids. And with them being adjustable, they will work when your child suddenly has that couple of inches growth spurt halfway through the school year
- Why should I buy practical colorful and fun prints? Because they will like them longer than character ones!
- How do I know if the backpacks my kids want are school approved? Normally the school has a dress code the kids have to follow including backpack regulations.
- How do I know if they are comfortable? Fill their current bag with a lot of heavy books and carry it around on your shoulders. If it’s not comfortable for you, it won’t be for them either. You’ll also want one that has the weight distributed properly.
Did I mention they also have lunch boxes too! You can also check out the bags that are featured in this post below: