*This post may contain affiliate links. I may make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on the links below*
Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas are of our favorite go to dinners. They are delicious, versatile, and perfect for a quick dinner when you are craving something different for dinner! You can substitute ground beef or pork for the protein in lieu of chicken. You can omit the cilantro if you prefer and you can just use green peppers instead of the red, yellow and green ones.
PRO TIP: I normally cook dinner/meals 6 days a week. It’s so easy to get burnt out when you are using the same menu and dinnerware. One easy way I’ve learned to freshen up dinner time, especially since we eat with our eyes, is to pick up some new dinner plates, napkins, and other dining pieces. Switching up the serving plates at dinner time is sometimes all it takes to make dinner time more fun and appealing! And the great thing is you can use them over and over again!
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Red, 1 Yellow and 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Prepare two baking pans by covering it with foil and then spraying it with cooking spray. Cut the lime into wedges and set them aside.
- Slice the peppers and the onions into thin slices then add them into a medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle a little of the olive oil into the bowl the add 1/4 tsp of the paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1/2 of the chili powder. Stir the spices, peppers, and onions together in the bowl until everything is equally coated.
- Put the coated veggies onto one of the prepared pans and spread out so there is an even layer in the pan.
- Add the chicken tenders to the bowl that the veggies were in. Then drizzle more oil over the chicken and add 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp onion powder. Stir to coat the tenders with all of the spices. Once they are evenly coated, add them to an additional prepared pan.
- Place both pans into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Cook the chicken until it registers 160 degrees. Once it’s cooked thoroughly, remove it from the pan and add it to the veggie pan. Turn the oven to broil and place the pan that has the chicken and the veggies on it under the boiler for a few minutes. Watch the food so it doesn’t get too burnt until the boiler.
- Warm the tortillas in the way you prefer. Once the ingredients are browned and ready to go, start to assemble the fajitas. Sprinkle the fajitas with cilantro (to your taste) and the, for those who like limes, squeeze one of the lime wedges over the fajitas and enjoy!