It’s been over two years since I went on my journey to be healthier and to live a lifestyle I wanted and could be proud of. It wasn’t easy because I was always the one who ate bad foods, never exercised, and drank tons of soda and sugary juices. That lifestyle change is the best thing I ever did for myself. Over the winter I gained a few pounds back, but I blame that on sitting inside all those months. Now that spring is here and summer is creeping on us, it’s time to get back in shape. There are many healthy living tips I highly recommend to look and feel your best.
1. Stay hydrated. I was never a water drinker. It is just so blah to me, and boring. Although, I’m not a plain water drinker I do squeeze fresh lemon juice into my glass and throw the lemon right in. They are full of good for you nutrients and make meals taste better. You can even squeeze lemon juice into ice cube trays for a lemon ice cube. Just throw in your water, and you have an instant lemon water! Crystal Light Fitness is also flavorful and comes in many flavors to bring your water to life. I also highly recommend drinking a full glass of water before meals, you will eat less and feel fuller longer.
2. Eat Breakfast. I cannot stress enough how bad it is if you skip the most important meal of the day. This is the meal that gets us going, our metabolism kicked in, and feeling ready for the day. You need this meal so please do not skip it. Eat egg white omelets with whole wheat toast, high protein cereals like Kashi, fruit smoothies with protein, or oatmeal with nuts. This is important, remember to eat your breakfast!
3. Portion control. This was a hard one for me. I love starchy foods, and can eat an entire loaf of bread. I have learned that portion control is the best thing you can do for yourself. I hosted a review for Measure Up Bowls awhile back, and use these every single day to measure out everything from cereal, pasta, sauces, vegetables and so much more. If I don’t use these, kids plates work great for a dinner plate, so you don’t over eat.
4. Exercise. This is so hard for many of us, because we are all so busy. I have never had a gym membership and would never get one. Because, I will never use it and they are pricey. Instead, I go for walks with my family every night(weather permitting), play like a kid at the park with my children, run a few laps up and down the stairs in my home( I do this about four times a day), do jumping jacks several times a day, and many other easy exercises I can fit in- a few lunges, pick up my hand weights, a few girly push ups, and squats. I also park far away from the entrance doors at stores, and power walk everywhere I am.
5. Snack on healthy foods. Stop picking up that bag of chips, or cookies. Instead eat healthy foods like an apple with string cheese, Greek yogurt and some almonds, whole grain crackers with natural peanut butter, sugar free Jello, chocolate yes chocolate(1 oz of dark chocolate), a protein smoothie, fruit and veggies and Energy bars like Clif, Lara or Luna. If you really want chips try healthier versions like Sun Chips, pretzels, or baked chip varieties. And just to let you know, there are healthy cookies out there. Newman’s Own has many as well Annie’s and 365.
6. Make a few changes. Start eating whole grains including bread and pasta, change to Greek yogurt, use different seasoning to spice up the flavor of meals, and reduce the number of fats you eat.
These are just a few things I do every single day. You will start to see major improvements with how you feel and look and be ready for summer. It will become habit. I’m not a healthcare professional, but this is what has worked for me. Not many people like change, but this change will be a good one for you to feel great, healthy and most of all they are all easy.
Weight Watchers Smart Ones is making it easier to stay on track with a healthy meal plan without spending time on prep work beforehand. Their products provide a variety of delicious, convenient and portion controlled meals and snacks that contain lean proteins, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. And now they are offering two new breakfast items – like the new Egg, Sausage & Cheese Wrap and the French Toast with Turkey Sausage. Plus, the packaging tells you the Weight Watchers PointsPlus values in each serving, allowing you to conveniently plan for the day. Visit www.eatyourbest.com for more information.
Disclaimer: “I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Weight Watchers Smart Ones and received a promotional item and coupons to facilitate my review.”