Are you cooking for your wife or mom this Mother’s Day? My husband is the sweetest guy ever and has made me a homemade breakfast every year since becoming a mom in 2002. He’s made me everything from pancakes, to omelets, frozen waffles to breakfast sandwiches. But this year I’m craving French toast with fresh strawberry sauce.
He knows I eat healthy so I had to give him my very simple clean eating French toast recipe, which is easy to make. Even the fresh strawberry sauce is easy to make. This is a good healthy breakfast to serve to the mom or lady in your life or anytime of the year. And if that special lady likes another berry such as blueberries, by all means, use them.
- 2 slices [url href=”http://www.foodforlife.com” target=”_blank”]Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted bread[/url] ( I use low sodium)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh strawberries – sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JRKDC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0009JRKDC&linkCode=as2&tag=livsmagir04-20&linkId=NKN6Z4AAMUILUNM4″ target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url]
- Place the fresh sliced strawberries, water, honey and fresh lemon juice in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook until mixture thickens (about 10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally so mixture doesn’t stick. Mash slightly remove from heat.
- While that is thickening, heat a skillet on medium heat, add coconut oil to melt.
- In a dish large enough to dip bread, place egg whites, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix well.
- Dip bread in the mixture and place in skillet. Cook until golden brown and flip. Cook until golden again.
- Top with fresh strawberry sauce. Don’t forget moms coffee or tea!