I have been clean eating now for the last few weeks and am absolutely loving the new lifestyle I have chose for myself. I’m energized, happy and overall feel amazing.
Which isn’t a surprise since I’ve eliminated processed foods, sugar and other junk from my diet which makes you feel run down, crave more junk and just blah.
I would say I’m about 90-95% clean now, eating many fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains (I do 1-2 days a week no grains) and lots of nuts and seeds; foods nature intended to be here. Not foods with ingredients I cannot understand. Everything I make is homemade. Just take a look at my Instagram, you will see.
This no bake peanut butter energy balls recipe came about as I was craving something sweet (thank you to my monthly). Before I’d scoop ice cream, buy a Whatchamacallit candy bar or eat homemade cookies, not anymore, that is not my lifestyle. I was going to make my no bake chewy granola bars but this was in my head, so I had to try it and hoped it worked….and it did!
This clean eating recipe is simple to make with only seven ingredients! Yes only seven. It incorporates oats, is sweetened with medjool dates, has crunchiness from toasted coconut and real chocolate from delicious pure Cacao Nibs with rich peanut butter flavor. Let’s not forget the seeds!
I used medjool dates as they are naturally sweet, high in fiber and loaded with potassium. 3 ounces of dates contains a whopping 570mg of potassium. To better understand one banana has 422mg.
Please try to find organic and natural when possible as they are the best. These are the perfect energy bite to grab and go when in a rush, need a quick fix, pre and post workout or just whenever!
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter I use Smucker’s Natural
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut-toasted
- 6 medjool dates-pitted
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a food processor, add dates and pulse until dates form a ball.
- Add dates and the rest of the ingredients to a medium bowl.
- With hands, thoroughly mix.
- With a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, pack mixture into spoon and level (you want the mixture to be firm in the spoon).
- Gently turn spoon over onto parchment paper so ball falls on, continue making all balls.
- Place in an airtight container storing in the fridge.