For our son’s 12th birthday we went out for ice cream and decided to treat Bella to the puppy delight. Basically it is frozen yogurt with three dog bones mixed in. She loved it, minus the store bought dog bones. Bella is very picky since I create recipes homemade for her. So far I’ve made…
Anyways, my husband mentioned buying Frosty Paws for her but I just couldn’t do it. Then, I saw Yoghund on the shelf, which is real frozen yogurt for dogs. I took a quick peak at the ingredient label and knew I would be making instead of buying because they were almost $6 for four cups, ouch. So that very day I came home and attempted to make a homemade frozen yogurt for dogs and I have to say Bella is in love.
This is a super simple dog ice cream that they’ll devour in seconds. Perfect for a quick cool down and treat during these hot summer months.
I decided to cut 16 oz. Dixie cold cups down to the bottom line to make these so she would have a cup without the mess.
They work perfectly. If your dog will eat the paper cup these are made in, it easily tears so you can place in a large dish for your pooch.
This frozen yogurt dog treat is simple, tastes good and super healthy with only 3 ingredients. Remember, these are treats and made with real food. Always test foods with your pet or talk to your vet before giving.
Will you be making?
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 small or medium ripe bananas-mashed
- 2 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- If using the Dixie cups for an individual cup, cut 6 cups.
- Place all ingredients in a [url href=”https://www.vitamix.com/shop/5200-Getting-Started.aspx” target=”_blank”]blender[/url] and blend until smooth. Place in cup molds.
- Freeze 3-4 hours.
- Give to dog out of the paper cup, or tear and place in a bowl for dog to enjoy.