I didn’t lose weight all on my own. I had a lot of help with the Internet! Isn’t it such a great thing? There are so many amazing sites out there offering healthy recipes, weight loss tips, calorie counters, communities, and so much more. I joined Spark People awhile back while browsing for a blueberry muffin recipe. I immediately signed up. I however never post in the community forums but browse. Browse like crazy and the posts, and of course the recipes. When I see something that looks like a must have I print it out. It’s a great community for anyone trying to lose weight.
Spark People has some great tools to track your nutrition and meal plans, fitness, and allows you to enter your measurements and weight to track how well you are doing. You can set goals as well as blog if you wanted to. The articles are never ending and have so much information to get you going. Make sure you check out the exercise of the day as well. Like I said, I really just browse around in there but if your looking for something to motivate you, I encourage you to sign up(it’s free) and check it out. Read all the success stories, you’ll want to jump right in!
~ 1 cup unsweetened blueberries, fresh or frozen( I use Organic)
~ 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour(mix half all purpose half whole wheat flour)
~2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
~ 1/3 cup Splenda granulated sugar
~ 1 egg, slightly beaten
~ 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
~1/2 cup skim milk
~1 Packet Truvia
~Squirt of lemon juice(optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray.
2. Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup Splenda together.
4. In a small bowl, combine egg, applesauce, milk and lemon juice.
5. Pour all at once into dry ingredients. Stir just enough to blend. Gently stir in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle lightly with 1 packet of Truvia and bake 17 minutes, or until light brown. Allow muffins to cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 10 muffins (serving is 1 muffin) Only 88 Calories per muffin!!
Disclaimer: This is not a review or a sponsored post. I just wanted to let my readers know of a great community for those who are losing weight