Post contains affiliate links
Melissa & Doug has announced their Terrific 25 Holiday Gifts for 2013, there are some awesome toys on this list for children of all ages.
Also, Melissa & Doug is giving away A Gift A Day from their Terrific 25 and one lucky winner will WIN ALL 25 on Black Friday! Details on the sweepstakes here.
1. K’s Kids Toys: brightly colored, cleverly designed and packed with interactive activities. Toys include pull-back vehicles, musical pull beehive, pop blocs crocodile and more.
2. Craft & Create Activity Books: Ideal gifts for creative kids of all ages!
3. Let’s Play House! Vacuum Up Play Set: Six painted wooden pieces (pretzel, peanut, bandage, coin, cereal Os, and a lost diamond ring) to pass vacuum overtop to clean up the mess.
4. Let’s Play House! Stainless Steel Pots & Pans: Features shiny stainless steel cookware that’s generously sized for a realistic look and feel, fits most play food.
5. Let’s Play House! Grocery Cans: Stock a pretend pantry with this collection of lidded cardboard play food cans and you’ll have all the ingredients for colorful, imaginative grocery store play. Open and close, fill and stack, sort and match the canned food toys—this set has a pretend play flavor for every taste!
6. Let’s Play House! Dust! Sweep! Mop!: Six-piece allows kids to play house while keeping everything clean. Sized just for kids and built to last, the broom, mop, duster, dust pan, and hand brush are comfortable to use and easy to store—Natural-wood handles add durability and a classic look.
7. Big Picture Floor Pad A–Z: Huge coloring pad ideal for the Melissa & Doug standing Art Easel or tabletop coloring. Each easy-to-remove page features a letter of the alphabet, along with whimsical color-in animals to illustrate its sound.
8. Magical Masterpieces Rain Forest: Painting sets translate a simple process into gorgeous results, as watercolors glide beautifully onto color-resist scenes. Wax-like outlines keep the paint in place.
9. Stack & Count Parking Garage: Stack 10 wooden cars in this gated parking tower and top them with the sliding counter. Then see the cars drop down and the counter point to a lower number each time a car is removed from the bottom! With its imaginative design details and wonderfully simple mechanics, this clever toy is a captivating, educational way to play with sorting, matching, counting, and more!
10. “On the Go” Activity Books: Compact and all-inclusive, they’re the perfect take-along travel activities—just toss one in a backpack or carry-on and you’re on your way to fun! Perfect for home, too—collect a library of these ready-to-go activities and you’ll always be prepared for a rainy day.
11. Take-Along Show Horse Stable: A play set to please equestrians of every age! This handsome wooden stable houses eight flocked horses, each in its own stall. Swing open the stable doors to take them out for playtime, then put each one back in its stall until the next big horse show! The sturdy wooden stable box features a comfortable handle on the top, a child-safe metal latch on the wide wooden doors, and an illustrated breed guide on the bottom panel with information about each horse. Also includes write-on labels so kids can name each horse and label the stalls!
12. Puffy Sticker Play Sets: Tell a puffy-sticker story on reusable background scenes! Each set comes with a folding background card and 50+ reusable puffy stickers to outfit princesses, decorate rooms, load treasure onto pirate ships, and even furnish a chipmunk tree house. Reusable backgrounds fill both sides of the sturdy, stand-up cards, so kids can build a multi-page story to “read” or just have fun rearranging the pieces for endless sticker fun. The puffy stickers mix, match, and layer in any combination! Bonus: The sturdy background board folds to neatly store it all away, and a diecut handle makes these fold-and-go play sets great for travel.
13. Suspend Balancing Game: A game for 1-4 players. The object? Place all your bars before you opponents do, and before the structure falls. Sound easy? Don’t be the one to knock it down! For tweens, teens, families and adults all on their own. Suspend comes with 24 notched, rubber-tipped wire pieces to hang from a tabletop stand. Try adding another piece! Each time a bar is added the balance shifts, the difficulty changes and the incredible midair sculpture transforms. A game for 1–4 players.
14. Catch & Count Magnetic Fishing Rod Game: 10 magnetic fish are numbered and patterned to enrich matching, sorting, and counting activities, and two wooden rods make collecting them a blast. Kids can use the spinner to play as a game, or just have fun collecting the pieces over and over again.
15. Nesting & Sorting Barns & Animals: A farm play set that allows kids to build a farm scene full of stacking, counting, hide-and-seek, mix-and-match play!
16. Learn-to-Play Xylophone: This first xylophone set is a child’s best introduction to music! Mallets in hand, children can explore the octave as they become familiar with simple musical concepts through hands-on play. Those ready for the next step need only open the integrated storage drawer to reveal six double-sided song cards, featuring color-coded notations on a real musical staff. Place one in the music holder above the keys, and kids and parents alike will be amazed at how simple it is to play 12 favorite children’s songs.
17. Sort! Match! Attach! Nuts & Bolts Boards: Twisting together these oversize nuts-and-bolts pairs is so gratifying, parents will find themselves pairing them up along with their preschoolers! Cast in three different shapes and colors, the plastic pieces add the finishing touch to 12 picture puzzles on six double-sided wooden boards. The challenge: Piece together the nuts-and-bolts duos to complete both picture sides at once. It’s a great hands-on cognitive skills challenge, and a motor-skills booster, too.
18. Shape Sorting Clock: Features color-coded minute and hour hands that spin around with a simple push. Kids can match the colors, sort the shapes, and solve the puzzle as they manipulate the color blocks and turn the hands, building cognitive and motor skills all the while.
19. Whittle World Farm & Tractor Play Set: This action-packed play set has animals to tend, hay to pile, and a tractor to keep it all moving. The interchangeable pieces, designed to fit all other Whittle World sets, are perfectly sized for little hands to maneuver. With smooth-rolling wheels to make pulling, pushing, and towing easy, kids will feel encouraged to explore countless play possibilities.
20. Turn & Tell Clock: Perfect for kids who are ready to learn to tell time, this play clock features hands that rotate with a gentle click, marking off the minutes as they go. The detailed clock face has large red numbers to match the hour hand, small blue numbers to match the minute hand, and a segmented color disk to help kids visualize “quarter past” and “half past.” Also included are 13 double-sided time cards for practice: Place one in the holder at the top of the clock, then match the time shown by moving the clock hands. Slide open the “digital clock” window to check the answer!
21. Magnetic Dress-Up Sets: Kids love to get creative combining the perfect ensemble for each of these lovely models . . . then start from scratch to create a whole new look with no fuss or muss. The magnetic garments and accessories, organized in a painted wooden storage tray, are easy to apply to the magnetic wooden figures in countless combinations.
22. Hi-Rise Dollhouse and Furniture Set: Suitable for all 1:12-scale dolls, our newest play house invites pretend-play families to pull into the garage, ride in the elevator, and feel right at home in this modern home. Fresh, gender-neutral colors and patterns add a lively edge to the natural-wood frame, and open sides make it easy to access every room—so it’s simple to share the fun with brothers, sisters, and friends! Comes with three play people and 15 pieces of furniture.
23. Glitz & Glam Role Play Collection: Mix-and-match set of accessories is like an entire make-believe wardrobe! Seven coordinated pieces let kids rock out, rule the playroom, or turn on the glamour as they show off their own unique style with custom outfits. The set includes a pretend microphone, reversible vest, two fingerless gloves, sunglasses, reversible wrap, and hat.
24.Rock Star Role Play Set: This rock-star pretend-play set includes microphone prop to hold and a glittering tulle skirt, this hot-pink costume is totally rock & roll. The shiny pink leggings, mesh-accented fingerless glove, zebra-print top, and sewn-on belt are crafted with quality and detail to stand up to many performances to come. Machine washable.
25. Smarty Pants Brain-Building Cards: Smarty Pants cards let kids test their smarts and load up on new facts and funny trivia. The cards are colorful, creative and packed with illustrated activities! Each educational card set is thoughtfully developed to suit the learning style and curriculum standards of each age range.