Have I ever expressed my love for Carrot cake? It is my favorite cake ever, only my mom’s though. Once you consume hers, you’ll never want another carrot cake in your life, because well, nobody’s carrot cake is the same. I should get her recipe and blog it but you wouldn’t want to see my baked carrot cake, so maybe she’ll make one for the blog.
But I cannot have it in my home, I’ll eat the entire cake by myself, all alone, without help. Greedy much? Nah, just nobody in my family can appreciate a carrot cake. Heck, they won’t even try it in fear of it tasting like carrots. More for me, that’s all. Unfortunately, my hips wouldn’t like it too much, so we have to improvise with a better for you carrot cake that can be eaten first thing in the morning.
To stay with my healthy & clean eating regimen, I created a nutritious oatmeal that incorporates my favorite carrot cake ingredients (minus the cream cheese frosting) for a hearty breakfast that’s filled with good for your stuff, like oats, carrots, spices, fruit and nuts.
This baked carrot cake oatmeal is a fiber filled breakfast, low in fat and high in protein. You can see the ingredients, which makes you want to demolish it the moment it comes out of the oven.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- splash milk
- Preheat oven to to 350.
- In a bowl add oats, carrots, pineapple, raisins, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Beat egg whites with a splash of milk and add to oat mixture. Mix well.
- Baked 20 minutes, top with more raisins and pecans.