This article is sponsored by Pop Secret, all opinions 100% my own.
Friday nights have always been my favorite day of the week. We finally get a chance to catch up on happenings that have been going on throughout our very hectic week. Not only that but it is homemade pizza night, family movie night with popcorn and milkshakes and camp out in the living room night. Camping out together is the best way for movie night!
This tradition has been going for eight years, it never gets old. I enjoy spending time with my family, getting a cheat night from healthy eating, laughing during the kid’s movie we watch and cuddling on the floor.
Family movie night is the perfect time to turn off phones, tablets and computers and spend good quality time together. Looking for ideas on how to make your movie night special? Here are 5 ways we make family movie night a family gathering.
- Choose the movie: The kids take turns picking out a family friendly movie to watch and my husband and I choose one for us to watch once the kids are asleep. If you have more than one child, switch weekends so all the children can have a chance at choosing. If that means a toddler movie, then that means a toddler movie. Everyone is involved with choosing a movie so nobody feels left out.
- Prepare a pizza bar & individual homemade pizza: I like to make individual pizzas as everyone in our family enjoys different toppings. Make individual pizza crusts and place toppings on the counter in bowls. Once the crusts are ready, have everyone top their crusts with their favorite toppings. We usually have pizza sauce, pepperoni, salami, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and banana peppers.
- Bring it all down: The mattresses, pillows and blankets. We have a queen size futon mattress we use as well as a twin air mattress for one of the kids. Gavyn likes to sleep on the couch. Once everything is brought down, make up the beds so everyone can be comfortable while watching a movie.
- Get drinks: We don’t drink soda in our home often, so Friday night is dedicated to homemade milkshakes! Nothing beats a thick, old-fashioned chocolate shake to beat the summer heat.
- Make perfect popcorn: Did you know there is an app that will get you the perfect popcorn every single time?
Oh yes, the Pop Secret Perfect Pop App is helping families say goodbye to burned popcorn and hello fluffy crunchy perfect popcorn. The Perfect Pop App works with the iPhone 5/s on iOS 7+ and it is so cool!
- Download Perfect Pop by Pop Secret in the app store, it is completely free.
- Put a bag of Pop Secret popcorn in the microwave and enter the suggested cooking time from the packaging: Perfect Pop is optimized for the deliciousness of Pop Secret popcorn only.
- Turn up the volume on your iPhone. Point the phone’s speaker towards the microwave and keep within 3 feet.
- Start the microwave, then start the app.
You’ll want to watch your iPhone screen because there are fun facts plus you’ll see the app working by seeing the popcorn kernels pop right in front of you!
This is a magical view for children and adults. And it worked. Our Pop Secret popcorn was perfectly light and fluffy with the perfect popcorn crunch!
Tired of burned popcorn? Then, you need to download the Perfect Pop app by Pop Secret today. It’s fun & easy and makes family movie night more enjoyable.
Have you downloaded the app yet, what are your thoughts?