*We recently had the opportunity to collaborate with TopCashBack to facilitate this post. This post may contain affiliate links. I may make a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link below*
If you are here after seeing our Back to School Shopping Tips segment on First News this morning on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15, HELLO and WELCOME TO OUR SITE!
It was an honor to be able to be on the show this morning with Sara and Rob and to share our Back to School Shopping Tips and TopCashBack.com with you!
This year, with consumer confidence and spending up, with kids starting school (PreSchool) now as young as two, consumer spending for the Back to School and Back to College spending is expected to hit an all time high of $83.6 BILLION, yes BILLION dollars!
As a parent, my goal is to always stretch our Back to School budget dollars as far as we can! With having two in school, when you consider two sets of school supply lists, new clothes, new shoes, activity fees, and lunch fees, let alone the textbook fees, it costs a lot for families to get their kids ready to go Back to School.
That is why I love finding new ways to save money when we are shopping. A life hack for saving money and shopping smart is to bundle! Use coupons, promo codes, sales flyers, deals and cashback sites!
TopCashBack.com is one of those cashback sites that is really an online shoppers best friend! They are the most generous cashback site! They return 100% of the commission back to the shopper in the form of a cashback rebate!
Earning cashback is so simple. Just go to their site, TOPCASHBACK.com, register for an account, set up your profile, search for your favorite retailer and hit “Get CashBack Now”. You will be redirected to the site you chose and you can shop away! While behind the scenes, TopCashBack can see what you spent and your account will be rewarded within a month or so, however, once it is, you will be able to have your cashback sent to your PayPal account, direct deposited into your checking, or you can have it sent to you via a gift card to another one of your favorite stores.
Some of the perks of TopCashBack:
- Most generous cashback/rebate site in the U.S.
- Only site that returns 100% of the commission back to shoppers as a cashback rebate.
- Free to join
- Over 4,100 retailers
- Use the promo codes they provide WITH cash back to save even more
4 Tips for Big Back to School Savings:
- Take stock of what you already have. Look around the house to see what can be reused for this year. Everyone is guilty of forgetting unopened packages of pencils or unused notebooks and binders.
- Check out your local flyer for sales. Grab a Sunday paper for coupons on back to school items. Many brands such as Target, Walmart and the dollar store will present coupons in your local paper to help you save more.
- Get cashback online. Consider purchasing your back to school items online and sign up for TopCashback.com to earn cashback on your purchases. Shop through TopCashback.com at your favorite stores and save! You can opt for direct deposit payouts or repurpose your cashback into gift cards. TopCashback also shows available promo codes you can use to supplement your savings and receive free shipping. Several stores include Target, Kohl’s, JCPenney and more.
- Get creative. Buying notebooks for every subject can get expensive and kids go through them so quickly! Your kids might want the newest Justin Bieber lunch box, but these character-focused products can be expensive. Consider stocking up on plain items such as notebooks and book bags and have a decorating session with your kids. They can personalize each notebook with stickers, drawings and more. You can also buy patches and pins to decorate the bookbag! You can find basic notebooks, pencils, colored pencils and more at your local dollar store.
Here are the products that were featured on the segment today:
This 5 pc set contains:
- Lunch tote
- Cinch sac
- Zip pouch
- Water bottle
The retail price for this site is $34.99. Right now it’s on sale on Kohls.com for $17.49. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.52) when you buy this set through their site. That will make this set $16.97.
This 6 pc set includes:
- Foldable lunch bag
- Pencil case
- Tablet case
- BPA-free water bottle
- Metal clip
The retail price for this set is $34.99. Right now it’s on sale on Kohls.com for $17.49. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.52) when you buy this set through their site. That will make this set $16.97.
Assortment of School Supplies:
Crayola Twistables Mini Crayons, 24 colors/Pack – normally these are $4.47. Right now they are on sale for $3.97. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.12) when you buy these through their site. That will make them $3.85.
Elmer’s Washable School Glue Sticks, Disappearing Purple, 4/pack – normally these are $4.99. Right now they are on sale for $3.22. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.10) when you buy these through their site. That will make them $3.12.
BIC Mechanical Pencil with Metallic Barrels, 0.5mm, Black, 24 ct – normally these are $5.94. Right now they are on sale for $3.77. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.11) when you buy these through their site. This will make them $3.66.
Mead Spiral Bound Notebook, Perforated, Legal Rule, 10 1/2 x 7 1/2, White 70 sheets – these are $2.21. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive 3 percent cashback ($.07) when you buy these through their site. This will make them $2.14.
The Container Store:
Remodeez Natural Odor Removers – these are $9.99. Through TopCashBack.com, you will receive up to 6% cashback ($.59) when you buy these through their site. This will make them $9.40.
And remember, the best part of saving money is that you can use the savings in other areas of your life! Like stocking up on caffeine!