*Posts may have affiliate links in them. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link below, I may receive a small compensation.
Edible Galaxy Jars are a simple, fun and a neat treat for the whole family. In a few weeks our country will be mesmerized by the Solar Eclipse. Do you happen to live in one of the areas where you can see 100% of the eclipse? We unfortunately aren’t, however, we will still be able to witness a part of it and it will really be a memory the kids won’t forget.
Cupcakes are so versatile and fun! Plus they are super delish! We thought we’d come up with a cupcake recipe to coincide with the Solar Eclipse. What better way to do it then Edible Galaxy Jars!
PRO TIP: It’s almost Back to School time which means between the kids schedules, lunches that need packed, papers that need signed in addition to just normal day to day life, things will be very chaotic! Why not take a few extra minutes to yourself and shop online? I absolutely love ordering stuff online. Don’t get me wrong, I still love scouring the stores looking for great deals, however, sometimes it’s easier to order online and wait to have the items delivered right to your door! By ordering online, you almost eliminate heading the store only to find out they are out of what you are looking for OR they don’t even carry it!
Edible Galaxy Jars!
- 1 funfetti cake mix
- PLUS ingredients called for on the box
- 1 container white cotton candy
- Star sprinkles
- Silver edible glitter
- Red and blue food dye
Tip: instead of cotton candy, you can use frosting or pudding!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a muffin tray with plain or reusable muffin liners. (They won’t be seen so don’t waste your cute muffin liners)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls and dye one bowl pink, one blue and one purple.
- Portion 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin liner and bake according to package instructions.
- Let the baked cupcakes cool completely before moving on to the next steps.
- You can either slice the cupcakes to layer them, or crumble them as I did.
- If crumbling, crumble half of one cupcake into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Top with a small bit of cotton candy, then sprinkle on some edible glitter and star sprinkles – especially around the sides so it shows through the mason jar.
- Repeat with the two other colors of cupcakes, adding a layer of cotton candy in between each color.
- Repeat with all mason jars. Then enjoy!